Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brought to you by the letter....


Y Did baby get sick so fast... Kono was healthy as a bean on Tuesday night, by Wednesday, he had a 107 fever, and couldn't breathe. He was admitted to the hospital. Outcome- pneumonia, and some kind of sickness. They couldn't figure it out, still can't. We got home from the hospital Friday night, he is getting better, still has bit of the fever, and still is on the nebulizer. But is almost better. The Doctor told me he actually was scared.. Hmm that has got to make a mother feel better about her child right?



Y Did the school let the children out to play when their was a storm warning in affect? A couple of days ago, Aanya was playing soccer at recess in the schools field, when lighting struck the field.. Scary, and she was pretty scared also.


Y am I typing when I should be cleaning?


Y am I addicted to food.. My name is Devri, and I love food, I am a stress eater, a bored eater, a see food eater, and a hoarder eater... Help!!!!


Y Is it that my 2 year old son acts just like his father. He lately would rather speak Tongan than

English.. His new favorite words.. Si'i mea... Ulu Pala Ulu Fi'i lol


Y is it that my 1st grader has a butt load of homework every night, while my 6th grader still hasn't had to bring home work home yet?


Y is Keilani soccer games played at 8pm.. Y oh Y... Do they not know kids go to school? bad, bad, bad... My kids bed time is 8:30 in bed reading and by 9 lights out! ugh.. We don't get home from the game till at least 9:30..


Y can't I heal my foot? I was going to have surgery on Monday, but baby was still sick.. We are postponing it, for 3 weeks.. why 3 weeks you ask? Because I am hoping it will heal on its own. I can live with only one shoe, I don't think I could handle surgery right now..



Y is the government so corrupt?



Because I don't know these answers, but my Heavenly Father does. Because life is sometimes out of the hands of the driver, we just need to have faith.. Faith, courage, and hope, and that is all that matters.


I had a blessing from our Bishop, he told me some things that were shocking for me ears to hear. It gave me courage, hope, and with faith and choosing the right, I cab take my family to Eternity.



I am thankful for family and friendships and bloggy friends I have met along the way. I am thankful that Kono is healing, I am thankful Aanya was being watched over. I am thankful for my membership in my church..


And I am thankful for you!

24 coments:

mCat said...

Wow. Your plate is full. Well wishes coming your way!

Jamie said...

Bring on that hug! You are tooo nice:) You are an amazing Mother yourself my friend!

umm, I agree, What's up with late games for school kids? Soooo Glad to hear your baby is ok! I am happy to hear you got a blessing. They have ALWAYS been a great comfort to me. It amazes me how well HE knows us!! Hugs and prayers comin your way.

Schedules did not work so no Utah for us in Oct. We are still trying to figure out when we can go. Bummer.......

Liz said...

Your plate is full. I wish I could give you a great big hug and take some of your kids to soccer for you!! I hope all gets well at your house
Liz

(big hugs)

Jillene said...

Poor baby!! I hope that he gets feeling better soon!!

Scary with the lightning thing--holy crap!!

Soccer games at 8:00?! What the?!

Priesthood blessings are the best. I am glad that you had one--they always make me feel better.

Melody said...

Hope all is well and getting well. Hugs

Cole said...

Love Bishops! Blessings are amazing. Mine said some pretty amazing things in a simple prayer. I warmed my heart, brought tears to my eyes, and gave me comfort!

Hillary said...

breath in breath out... repeat...

thank goodness that there is a bigger plan that we can't see.. sometimes i just wish i could have a peek so i could hang in there a wee bit longer!

love you sister!

gigi said...

I'm just not sure what to say. You are one strong little mama and you've got the faith and the strength needed to get through all the trials placed before you. Thank Goodness for the Gospel. Just keeping you in my prayers.

hoLLy said...

how scary about your little guy! :( so glad he is improving devri-what a scare! you are still in my thoughts and prayers woman!

and i'm with you on food....its seriously a love affair...

Anonymous said...

holy moly... you have been through so much!

Y do you have to go through so much?????

i hope things get settled there in your home & family so you can all jsut relax for a while!!!!

Kristina P. said...

You just keep hanging in there!!

shauna said...

You are one of the few blog people I know who could handle all this stuff. God bless.

Liz Mays said...

A fever of 107? That's awful! I'm sorry about that and the fact your surgery has been delayed.

CaryManda said...

love your posts.
hope your foot does heal in three weeks! :)

Melissa P said...

pneumonia comes on fast. Poor little guy! Hope he is doing better.
Lightning on the playground sounds a little scary!
Hopefully things start looking up. The nice thing is Heavenly Father is always watching over us.

Sue said...

Let go and Let God!

Y do all these things happen to such a good family?

You are being taught so much, and you are willing to share your strength with so many.. You are a hero to many♥

Lillian J. Banks said...

Hang in there, soul sista- healing prayers are coming your way. *hugs*

rachel said...

Sorry things are so rough! You have a beautiful testimony-thanks for sharing it!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Love the Y day! I'm a hoarder, see food, etc eater too!!! If you find the answer to your Y, let me know!

Leslie said...

Glad to hear that the baby is getting better. Now... about that foot.

Your faith and your testimony is inspiring. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Suzanne said...

So glad to know that Kono is recovering. 107 -- that is scary. He'll be in my prayers -- as will you with your sore foot. I'm having foot surgery in a week and a half. You're right -- we are sisters!

Erin said...

Wow, there were so many things with this post! I'm so sorry for Kono. I hope he is recovering. And I can't believe soccer games start at 8:00 PM. And the fact that your first grader has more homework than your 6th grader?? Something's wrong!

I really hope your foot will heal quickly.

THE GARN FAMILY said...

Sorry to hear about your baby. Glad he is home. I just had food surgery. Not fun...I'll let you know if it's worth it!

Colette S said...

*HUGS*

You are a source of joy to read :)