Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'll leave, then you can laugh!


We had nothing in this house to eat,or drink, no joke! when you get sick with the swine flu and you and your hubby are to sick to go to the store(let alone too contagious) Food disappears fast for a family of 9.


So I did it I went to the store, my hair wasn't done, no make up, and clothes I went to bed in, could it get any worse than that?


I think so....


I pulled up to the store, grabbed my hand sanitizer, so that when I was done shopping I can wipe down my basket.. your welcome!


I hobbled out to the store, I saw my good friend Sara. I continued to hobble over to her.. I thought to myself... Oh I will sneak up on her.... I got behind her, and poked her sides, and said Boo!


Only to find out that it was a total stranger.... Fail.


I quickly apologise and hobble into the store.


I grab a basket, and a old man, grabbed one at the same time. I politely say excuse me, and enter the store with a red face of embarrassment!


Trying not to have anyone notice that I was hacking and coughing all over the fruits and vegetables, I scurry to grab what I needed and headed for the milk.


I seriously was trying to hurry as fast as I could, I grabbed 1, 2 3 cartons of milk, as I grabbed the fourth carton, my cast slipped, and I dropped the milk carton, for it to break open and spill everywhere....


Fail... Clean up on aisle Dorky Devri


I found a man who worked their to tell him what happened. Then I hobbled like the speed of light to get out of that poor store.


As I come to the checkout line, i have the same conversation I have with every stranger who comes into contact with me..


stranger- What happened to you?


Me- Broke it?


stranger- When and how?


Me- tell the same old story I have told for many times now.


Stranger- Oh man, I would have just chose the surgery..


Me- Yeah, well....oh well.. I love my cast and want it for evah! (not)


Stranger- Do you need help out with this?


Me- No, I can do it, but thanks.


I head to the door, coughing and hacking pretty bad at this point, I rush to the door. This particular store, two doors, one going in, and one going out.


I hurry and push the cart to the door, only to smack it against the closed door!


Fail.... It was the "in door"... lol people where sort of laughing at me, oh well, do you know what I said when I found the right door?



As I walked out the people behind me were looking' at me, I simply turned to them and said, sorry to make you wait, and I hope you don't get the swine flu from me..


Lets just say it was the worst shopping experience of my life!


And lets just say it was probably for the couple behind me too!





Go ahead, laugh, but wait till I am gone!

27 coments:

Lillian J. Banks said...

OMGosh! that is crazy- I would totally go shopping for you! (I think I'd better and mail it to you after that story) at least you will never have as bad of a store experience as that!- only uphill from now on ;)

Stacie S-H said...

ahh lol! oh how sad & funny! next time send the kids in...or..maybe your husband. I would not show my face again in that store for a long time if that all happened to me! ;-)

Kristina P. said...

Is it wrong that I'm laughing at you?

Ane said...

dang woman! You need to sign up for some home delivery and fast! lol! jk!

I hope your next experience will be better! ;)

Melody said...

Moms do what it takes to care for the family, at all cost. Get better soon! It makes shopping easier :) H

Liz said...

It would happen because you don't feel good. That is when you have a neighbor friend go to the store for you pay her later, and so you are not contaminating everyone else!! Have them leave it on the front porch.. ISn't that what we church member are for?

Good luck hope you all start feeling better

Tara D. said...

Oh you poor thing! But hey, this did make for a great blog post. lols ;)

Anonymous said...

you poooooooor thing!!!!!!!!! i would go shopping with you.. of course, i would probably wear a mask.. but still :) i would go!

Anonymous said...

p.s. you gotta come check out my new blog :) yep..i'm back in the game!

gigi said...

Where are your family, friends, Home teachers and visiting teachers!!!! Someone is failing to do their jobs. They can always leave it on the front poarch and run quickly away as to not catch your germs!
Prays for you and your's dear.

Jamie said...

Murphy's law at it's best..DANG!!!

susette said...

Holy cow where are the visiting teachers??? Either they aren't doing their job or you aren't letting them. I'm sure somebody would be more than happy to help you and your family at this time. Email me and I will my friend!

Kaci said...

OMG you poor thing!! :( XOXO Feel better toots!

Burrups said...

That totally stinks but you gave me a good laugh today!! Hope you are all on the mend. Take care!

Lene said...

Oh I feel so bad for you...and I really am not laughing.

The oompa loompa is very cute. Way to go Momma!

hoLLy said...

hey, well at least you can laugh about it now? right? :)

Trish said...

OK, I was totally cracking up over here. Not at your misery but because I could totally see that happening! I'm laughing with you, I promise! :D

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Ohhhhh Devri!!!!!!!!! Poor you!!! Too, so very funny but poooooooor you!!!

Family said...

You always make me laugh so hard!

Unknown said...

I have been sick as well. I hate not having food... Silly....

mCat said...

WOW! When it rains it seems to pour for you girl! And, for the record, I prolly would have laughed too..... sorry.... : )

palmtreelover said...

poor thing... i didnt laugh even after you left

rachel said...

OH.MY.GOSH. Here you are suffering and still able to find the humor. I LOVE that! Hope you feel better soon and I think my favorite part was when you poked the complete stranger. :)

Hesses Madhouse said...

Oh Devri, I'm so sorry you had such a rough time. I would have gone to the store for you, and I would have brought it all into your house and served it to you too. Wish we were closer. Please take care of you!

samiam said...

You have to stay in your house and never come out! Just kidding but man you have such funny things happen to you, the rest of us live such boring lives. I love the background by the way, very Halloweenie!!

Momo Fali said...

Sorry, but I AM laughing! Only because I feel your pain!

in time out said...

Hilarious. and so sad at the same time....I am glad you survived, that sounds completely awful to live through....glad you are still here. hugs and hope you are feeling better...