Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Memory!

Blah~ Is right folks...

I am typing this at almost 2 in the morning.. ugh~

For some reason (Candy) I can't sleep, so I will post~ Your welcome :D

Here is my Monday Memory....

Aanya is growing up so much I can't believe it. In 22 days my baby girl will be going to Young Womans, or as she puts it.. "3 more weeks of primary left!"

Let me tell you a little story how I know she is growing up..

The other day we had Parent Teacher Conferences.. (that is a story in it self, trust me)

Aanya earned a gift certificate for being a over achiever in her class. tee hee

So I picked up Aanya from gym and she wanted to go to the book fair to spend her gift certificate. She and Elaiasi took off running in the school, while me and Kono waited outside.

You see, this girl has been wanting a book for awhile now, she has had her eye on it and she couldn't wait to go in there and buy it with the money she earned.

After awhile they came back, not with a book in hand, but a toy for Elaiasi.. I asked her how come she didn't get a book that she wanted so badly...

She simply said... Elaiasi Wanted That Toy, So I bought it for him.. I about lost it, we don't have any extra money right now, and she knew it, she knew that she would rather make someone else happy than getting what she wanted.

Thank you Aanya for being such a prime example to your brothers and sisters.

You truly are a choice daughter of God... Love you.


too tired to wait for any photo to upload, sorry for the boring post!

Blah-

17 coments:

Kristen said...

What a sweet girl! I'd like to think that my girls would do the same thing, but who are we kidding? What book has she been saving for?

Nicole said...

So sweet!

Renee said...

Oh my gosh. Only you could get me teary at 5 in the morning! What an angel and holy cow, what a beautiful example of being Christlike.

What book was it that she wanted?

gigi said...

Way to go mom! You are raising precious Children. Great memory.

Family said...

Aanya, I love you! Dev I love you! I can't believe she is going to be 12!

Liz Mays said...

What a special sweetie she is. You must be so proud, mama!

Jamie said...

Boring??? Not at all. I wonder where she learned how to sacrifice for others? Her amazing Mom and Dad I bet:) You have every reason to be proud. Thanks for sharing.

Kristina P. said...

She is such a sweet girl!

Cynthia said...

There must be a pretty great spirit in your home for your children to be so dedicated to each other. What a sweet daughter you are raising!

Siu said...

awwwww.. thats so nice!!

tammy said...

What a great girl. That was such a sweet thing for her to do.

samiam said...

What a sweet memory. Sounds like you have a great girl in your life, if only we could all be that thoughtful and giving.

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful story and an amazing young woman. I'll be her Beehive teacher is counting the days until she is in her class! I would be!

Unknown said...

I hate when they grow up. I keep telling my kids that I have a hammer hand that will pound them small again. My son will be a teacher on Monday next week!
Does that make us old? Or just me?

Kaci said...

That is the sweetest lil girl!! Awhhhh!! XOXOX I wanna buy her a book!

Melody said...

What a sweetheart!

Sue said...

just like her mommy♥


sweet daughter.