Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflecting and moving on!

(us being us)

I love being me. There is nothing more I like to do than being me. I am real (sometimes a little too real), no fake posts ovah here, just mispelled words, and my grammer stinks.
(mainly cuz I hang out wit him)


And dem too




I love to laugh, I love to cry, I especially love to tease. I am one of the most sarcastic people in the world today. I have way too many kids, (but am thankful for them, and wouldn't trade them for the world). I have bad habbits, and far too many pet peaves. For example.


Bad habbits-


(ouch, and still ouch)

1. addiction comes way to easily for me. Food is one thing for awhile now, (since I broke my foot over a year ago) that is overtaking me.


2. Computer time.. If it isn't one thing, it is another.


Pet Peaves-


(My nani who is a rebel, who refused to wear her gear for practice lol)
1. Food crunchers near me.. I cringe when my children eat around me, and now sadly it has become one of my childrens pet peaves also.



2. People texing while going potty! (although this should be everyones lol ).


With all my faults, which are too many to count, I have reflected over the past a little while, and that it doesn't matter, I still love being me.


My testimony in 2010 has doubled, I have witnessed many miracles and have touched the lives of many, and many have touched mine.



(and don't ask me why my husband was biting his lips??)

But most of all I have resolved my resolution from last year, which was being more patient. I am not 100% cured, but each day goes by, I am a bit more pateint with my children, and especially with my husband. tee hee


I am thankful for the knowlege I have and for the power of prayer, and for my savior Jesus Christ.



(oh-and this girl too)

2010 was a bad one.. A good one... and one that we will reflect on, but won't live on..



2011 here we come and welcome you into our lives. I am going to weigh a little less, smile a whole lot more, and I am excited for the spiritual resolutions we have placed in our home, that will instill a fire in our children that hopefull will as they grow up, they will be able to pass along as well.



(Bring it on!)

19 coments:

Unknown said...

I love you, this post made me cry, you are the most genuine honest person I know.

I am so glad we are friends.

Pedaling said...

that's right...Bring It On!

Great post!

Hesses Madhouse said...

YAY!!! I told you I'd read it. I love reading about your life. So, one thing, please share your spiritual resolutions you're instilling in your home. I want to learn from you.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

THose pics of your kids... so adorable. Your children are truly models!

Awesome post! I loved it... I love that you are just the way you are... I love ya that way!

Jamie said...

This is what I love about you. You keep it real!

CaryManda said...

Love it! :)

Renee said...

You are a great girl!!!!

Liz Mays said...

I really love this and your comment about crunching made me laugh. My son has that same thing. He can't even look at anybody while he's eating.

2Shaye ♪♫ said...

Devri, I loved your post! I took a long blogging sabbatical for most of this year and hope to dust off the old blog in the coming weeks and get started again. I am so happy that I bumped into other bloggers, like you, who are genuine and just say what they feel when they feel it. It takes a lot of guess work out of the friendship. HUGS!!

Saimi said...

So I'm doing a little blog hopping right now and I'm glad I came upon your blog!

How fun are you and look at your BEAUTIFUL family!! WOW!!

I hope you don't mind if I invite myself to follow along, I can't wait to see what else you have in store!!

hoLLy said...

i'm going to soooo spank 2011! woot woot! :) hope you do too.

Erin said...

Awww, what a nice post! Here's hoping 2011 is a fantastic one for you!

Wendy said...

Awesome!!! You have a lovely family!! And I say BRING IT ON!!! as well.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

LOVE this post!!!!!!!!! And food crunchers near me...hahahaha, I laughed at that because I am SOOOOOOOO the same way!

See Mom Smile said...

GORGEOUS kids. I have six pasty white children who I adore, BUT.... I told them someone has to marry someone brown skinned so I can have brown grandbabies! Cute blog!

susette said...

It was so nice to see a post from you. I too have many things I want to improve upon this year and look forward to a new year, hopefully filled with less challenges as well. Love ya friend ♥

Family said...

So I will not stalk you I will post that I love you more than anything! What is not to love about you! You are a fabulous mom and a wonderful sister! Why do we not live closer??????? may be my 2 friends will get a fund together for you to come out here or maybe your 2 thousand friends will be on that one for you! love you

tammy said...

Love your thoughts and your pictures!

Unknown said...

haha I hate the sound of people eating too!!!! I especially cant stand when I am on the phone with my hubby and he's eating right in my ear!!!!! LOL Glad you're back to the blog!!!!