Sunday, January 25, 2009

Spiritual Sunday


My brother sent me a little video this morning on Visiting Teaching. I thought I had a great message. I can't find where to embed it, so here is the link if you want to watch it.

http://visitingteaching.blip.tv/#804254



It showed VT's going late, not really listening, calling, drive by Vt, and more.

It is very important that we try to be the best at Visiting Teaching, it is there for a reason.


What kind of Visiting Teacher are YOU?



I admit, that I used to be all of those. It made my heart sink watching that video my brother sent to me this morning.


But one day, this happened to me,


And now I try my hardest.

Have a great Sunday.

15 coments:

Jan said...

That reminds me. I need to do it this month. This month has flown.

I love being a VT. It is nice to get to know some women that maybe you wouldn't get a chance too. I always learn from them. I think I learn more than I have ever taught.

Kristina P. said...

I was literally just writing down my appointments.

We have a very interesting calling in my branch, and I have to visit A LOT of women. It's quite overwhelming at times.

tiki_lady said...

i have seen that and thought it was the funniest thing around and so true. what a great ward to think of that!

Melissa P said...

I am watching the video after I comment. I love the other post you did as well. I have a sister I visit that is quite a bit older than me. I had a hard time getting to know her. I finally really prayed hard about it. The message I took one month and we finally found a common ground has helped. I am thankful sometimes Heavenly Father puts us with people we never thought we would otherwise get to know.
Sorry didn't mean to be so long.
Thanks for your inspiration. I need to to my VT this week too.

Renee said...

I'm not the best VT I can be, but I do have a testimony of it and love doing my VT each month. I totally agree with Jan, it's so nice to mix it up a little and get to know ladies you may not typically get to know! They're always a great example!!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, I love your blog!!! I had to tell you so!!! I just moved to this area and I'm anxiously awaiting a VT assignment and your post made me crave it even more! That video was great though!!! I think the worst and most common is the "family affair" one. I can't count how many times VTs have come over with all of their kids and then they leave my house in a disaster to clean the rest of the day. Wow, such a great video!!! Every RS needs to see it!!!

CaryManda said...

I love your posts Devri, and this one especially.
I must say it humbled me a bit.
I'm going to share it on my blog...hope that's oK! :)

rachel said...

I love VTing- we have six sisters now
and they are all less active. It is so gratifying when you develop genuine friendships and they call you when they need you!

Jamie said...

Oh I am feeling put in my place. VT is so hard for me lately. Schedules never seem to mesh.This has given me new resolve to quit letting the excuses get in the way.

Anonymous said...

I have a bit of a bad attitude towards v.t.. Great video!

Unknown said...

That was way better than our visiting teaching conference. :)

I had that family affair experience before...for a whole two years :) I vowed to NEVER take my children visiting teaching.

Sue said...

funny video. Sad though that many actually do these things.

Who doesn't have time to be someones friend? Isn't that the point?

My hub and I are hometeaching/ visiting teachers together. We visit 3 families a month. I luv this.

HaYn Mama said...

I am so awful at VT. I visit teach my friends so it should be easy but I think it's harder because I talk to them often but I never share the monthly message with them. I need to perfect my VT skills. Thanks for this reminder and hello... what an experience you had... you were a tool in Heavenly Father's hands that day!

Hillary said...

I love your stories and thoughts. I go in and out of feeling sorry for myself :) It's hard to want/need to do things and can't. I can't even get my self a glass of water if I want one! But I know I'm learning things about myself and about my Savior as my family and I go through this stupid thing! There is a pot of gold at the end of this broken rainbow!

Kerri said...

Yes, I have been that kind of VT at times! I liked that video!