Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Post OP Foot Surgery..and fun

Surgery went OK.. not great, not horrible..


Just OK.

The main goal was to go in and grab the screws out of my crushed Cuboid bone and get them out. If by chance the Cuboid wasn't going to be able to hold by itself, a plate would be put in place of the screws,

Why?

Because the screws were becoming unscrewed by themselves...

evil things they are. ;(

And one was slowly shredding my ligament in my ankle and causing me to forever and ever walk with a gangsta styled limp.

OUCH!


So they got me all dolled up, and said lets roll!


They had a hard time locating the screws, so they had to open the incision twice as big as it was..


But who know little screws would make such a lovely home in bones. My Cuboid grew fond of the things and even grew bones over the screws, so of course the surgeon had to chip away bone to get to the screws.


Lovely. But once they got in there, the main screw they started to unscrew became stubborn and they twisted harder, and harder and..........

Pop.. Momma had a screw and its head POPPED off!

So it made it more difficult to get it out, they had to well, do it a bit differently.

During the process they think they might of cracked a piece of the bone. They don't know exactly when or if they did for sure, Cuboid bones are hard to show up on a x-ray and it has to be a clean view, my foot is way to swollen to figure that out right now..

This is nothing compared to what it is now, but I will save your lunch for you ;) your welcome

But I am feeling OK. I am back on my sweet crutches, and I am shhhhhhh putting weight on the foot a bit.

So all is good in the hood...

Well, except my hood.



Remember last time I had SURGERY for the baby? No? Oh come on you gotta see it..

Well, I was living a dream up in my oh so comfy bed, when Aanya asked me where the camera was. I said I have no idea, why?

Aanya told me that dad had everyone go get into the bath tubs and showers, and she went to go find Kono and this is what she found.....









Is this the most independent 2 year old you have ever seen?

Makes a mommy so proud.

9 coments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I'm glad it went okay... but really, it sounds like surgery from HE-double toothpicks!!! Holy Moly!

Love those pics o four two year old! :)

gigi said...

Mercy that is one scary foot!
Please heal soon.

Kristie said...

You have a very self-sufficient 2 yo!
Your foot looks horrible! Keep it up and ice it...yeah right and take care of a huge family- whatever!

Liz Mays said...

Oh you poor darling! Rest well and I hope the swelling goes down quickly and you'll be back to yourself soon!

mCat said...

My foot hurts just looking at that pic! Hope it gets better SOON!

Brenda said...

I sure hope you feel better soon. Having said that...stay off that foot or you WON'T get better! You have fabulous daughters and a great husband to take care of you! Let them (easier said than done right?)! Seriously, get better soon!

Renee said...

Cute baby, horrible foot!!!! I'm so sorry your surgery didn't go exactly as planned, but hopefully it will heal. I hope so, Devri.

Kristina P. said...

I'm just glad you are OK! Your foot looks so sore.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

HAHAHAHA, oh man, he is so funny! And your poor foot!!! OUCHIE! It looks so swollen. Take it easy girl, and get feeling better!